Head of Responsible Investing
About the job
About The Role
- Rare opportunity to join the ANZ Investments team
- Overall responsibility for setting the strategic direction of Responsible Investing
- Leverage your expertise across over $34 billion of actively managed AUM
Role Location- Auckland
Role Type- Permanent
As the Head of Responsible Investing, you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of, and leading initiatives within, the responsible investing framework of ANZ Investments.
ANZ Investments actively manages over $34 billion in AUM and is New Zealand's largest KiwiSaver provider.
Our award winning diversified portfolios invest in a range of asset classes both domestically and internationally.
You will research, analyse and demonstrate relevant solutions of Responsible Investment to the ANZ Investment asset class teams and the Chief Investment Officer.
You will take responsibility and explore provocative investment ideas to address emerging global trends and challenges around the topic of Responsible Investing and for monitoring, making recommendations on and implementing these evolving RI/ESG factors in ANZ Investments portfolios.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include-
- Primary responsibility is to work with the relevant teams within investment management to analyse, evaluate and present opportunities and risks from a RI perspective and incorporate the recommendations into investment portfolios
- Continue to develop the strategy to analyse and address climate change risks and identify investment opportunities. This will include meeting the expectations of incoming regulations on TCFD-like initiatives.
- Support the recommendation and development of new products or services that deliver strong investment returns on a risk adjusted basis.
- Contribute to business growth by assisting with the preparation of documents to support client information sheets, distribution aids and marketing activities.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with external and internal stakeholders in order to influence when needed.
- Lead the Investment management team in building ANZ Investment's reputation, capability and expertise, both internally and externally in Responsible Investment.
- Proactively communicate and educate stakeholders on key RI/ESG matters to contribute to thought leadership and investor engagement. This includes being a visible with a highly regarded industry-wide presence.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following-
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn't valued.
- Appropriate academic and industry qualifications - finance, economics, accounting
- Proven analytical capability and strong investment analysis skills.
- Significant experience working in and with investors in Responsible Investing
- An understanding of the implications of global trends in RI to identify and leverage opportunities
- Be able to communicate a complex topic with ease and at all levels with passion
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours - things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace - it's all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We know many of our roles can be done outside the ANZ workplace so people in these roles can choose to blend working from an ANZ location and working from home.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number NEW046714.