Senior Manager, Climate Change Risk
- Do you have a passion for solving climate change challenges?
- Can you think creatively and work with data to solve complex and novel problems?
- Do you see the bigger picture, build constructive relationships and make things happen?
About the role:
This role is an exciting opportunity to build something brand new from the ground up. In this role, you will help ANZNZ understand the physical and transition risks of climate change, and meet its climate-related financial disclosure obligations. You will work with other passionate people across business units to develop and deliver a programme helping ANZNZ transition its business lending to a low-carbon economy.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Keep up to date with changes in various sectors, including: legislation; emerging risks; opportunities; sustainable business practices; community, customer & investor expectations.
- Learn and apply 'best practice' from across the global banking industry.
- Establish yourself as a climate change subject matter expert and trusted advisor for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop new data methodologies to understand our customers' emissions profiles, and the physical risks that climate change poses. Translate this data into impacts to customers, portfolios, and capital; and develop portfolio metrics.
- Embed climate change risk management into ANZNZ's governance, risk appetite, risk management framework, and reporting to board and risk committees.
- Work with front line and enablement businesses to help uplift broader ESG / climate risk knowledge within ANZNZ.
- Ensure appropriate governance and artefacts are in place to support Risk Management Attestations and climate-related disclosures.
Role Location: Auckland / Flexible within NZ
Role Type: Permanent
Hours: Standard. Flexible work options available.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to manage risks and issues through: 1) hazard identification; 2) risk analysis and evaluation; and 3) risk control.
- A structured approach to extracting valuable insights and opportunities from data and information collected.
- Broad understanding of the climate change landscape or previous experience working in this area. This includes regulations that may affect ANZNZ or our customers, public & government sentiment/goals, trends, forecast impacts, best practice for banks.
- Business and/or Agri judgmental lending experience, and an understanding of business performance drivers.
- Systems thinking: the ability to observe events or data, be curious, understand interconnections and identify patterns overtime. You can zoom out, see the 'big picture' and appreciate different perspectives to develop more holistic solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and good numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident in presenting information and strategies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Study or experience in a climate change related discipline would be an advantage.
- Experience working with data would be an advantage.
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn't valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours - things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace - it's all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We know many of our roles can be done outside the ANZ workplace so people in these roles can choose to blend working from an ANZ location and working from home.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number NEW047071.