Creating Great Together
Here at BNZ, it's about more than just banking. We work together in an agile, energising environment to create innovative solutions that won't just help our customers be good with money, but also do great things with it.
Do you have a credit risk background, are you passionate about helping Kiwi's into their first homes, have you experience with climate change risks and natural disasters and can develop strategies identifying or managing those risks, then we want to hear from you? We have an exciting role for the right individual to join the team to support the delivery of world class Risk Management capability within the 2nd line Consumer Credit team.
About the Role
You will support the delivery of world class Risk Management capability within the team and the Consumer business by:
- Provide escalation support as Higher DCA holder to credit manager team(s) across secured (Housing) and unsecured (PL & CC) consumer lending products
- Strategic focus on developing credit strategy and ownership relating to Climate Change, EQC, Leaky building and seismic impacted residential buildings
- Strategic focus on Credit Risk support of banker underwriting standard uplift
- Support other functions i.e. product, legal services, collections, security discharge team and quality assurance
- Execute and manage credit decisioning within risk appetite settings and delegated credit authority
We're looking for someone who has demonstrated success in roles which have included people management and leading projects, dealing with senior management, consultants and regulatory bodies and managing competing demands. You will also bring:
- Minimum 10 years credit experience (2nd Line Risk)
- Experience in developing residential housing risk strategies relating to Climate, EQC, Leaky building and seismic impacted buildings
- Strategic mindsight with an excellent track record of delivering change
- Working knowledge of CCCFA and RLC
- Excellent presentation skills up to ET level
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate mutually acceptable outcomes with the 1st and 2nd line management
- Housing and small business credit experience (desirable)
Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing:Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave:We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility:We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you.
At BNZ we're all about enabling a high achieving New Zealand, by helping kiwis be good with money. We're passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve together. If you are ready to step up, then come join us on the journey in creating great.
Applications close 30 May 2020 - click here