Turnaround and Restructuring Manager/Associate Director
Our Turnaround and Restructuring team are a specialised group that provides a broad range of services. It provides advice to lenders and shareholders in turnaround and restructuring situations, including undertaking independent business reviews, preparing and analysing forecasts and assessing options. The team also has a growing debt advisory offering and works closely to support Deloitte’s Corporate Finance team on a wide range of mandates.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager / Associate Director with a restructuring, corporate finance or audit/accounting background for a role that offers the opportunity to work across the full range of turnaround and restructuring services and manage projects and transactions for a diverse portfolio of clients. The team is growing and there is a true opportunity to get exposure to a large portfolio of projects and provide a fresh perspective, as well as grow your knowledge and experience.
The role will also provide opportunity to:
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
- Deliver end-to-end project management of transaction execution, including direct liaison with vendors, bidders and boards and other deal stakeholders.
- Support, and/or lead, various marketing and thought leadership initiatives.
- Participate in, and lead, aspects of the proposal development process to support practice growth.
- Mentor and support the development of junior staff.
- Work cross-functionally across different practices and businesses within the firm.
- A relevant University qualification in accounting, finance, economics and a relevant professional accounting or corporate finance qualification (CA or CFA).
- At least 5 years’ experience within a Restructuring Services or, Corporate Finance, or Audit team, perhaps with accounting services as a precursor.
- Strong financial analysis skills and commercial acumen with a proven ability in interpreting and analysing key business drivers;
- Capability in building and reviewing financial forecast models. Familiarity with data analytics and visualisation tools would be an added advantage.
- An ability to problem-solve by thinking critically about issues facing clients, identifying options and devising solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Strong communication skills, including report writing and an ability to build client and internal relationships
- Proven project management skills including responsibility for delivering to project timetables and balancing competing priorities,
- Ability to mentor and lead junior team members and support the wider corporate finance team on client engagements.