You'll be joining:
A globally recognised bank that has presence across 40 countries. It can boast about a wide range of services across the corporate and retail sector that include account management, remittance, international settlement, trade finance, mortgage loans etc. Through continuous growth, the Bank has made its way into becoming the top large listed bank in the world in terms of market capitalization, customers' deposits and profitability; possessing an excellent customer base, a diversified business structure, strong innovation capabilities and market competitiveness.
About the role:
You'll be reporting to the CEO and have leadership responsibilities for the Head of Risk. You will have a close working relationship with the Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee, The Board, NZ Senior Management Team, Business and function Heads, External Stakeholders (including Regulators, Auditors)
You'll be doing:
- Lead and manage the Bank's dedicated risk management team
- Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of strategic initiatives with both Board- approved and the Bank's Group risk appetite, risk management framework and risk profile
- Develop and maintain a trustworthy, respectful working relationship with the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, monitoring, effectively managing and reporting pertinent business risks that could interfere with the Bank's core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business lines
- Implement and maintain a sound Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework , measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modelling and reporting.
- Identify known and emerging risks; measure, monitor and report on the Bank's risk profile to the Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Chair the Credit Review Committee and provide professional input to credit decisions
- Facilitate the maintenance of risk policies including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, etc.
- Bring strong local knowledge, lending assessment skills and experience to broaden the depth of credit and risk management of the Bank).
- Lead development of technical, credit and risk management capabilities
- Lead the facilitation, implementation and monitoring of effective risk management practices and ensure operating policies and procedures are complied with throughout the organization
- Oversee the Bank's Stress Testing and ICAAP programs in compliance with regulatory requirements, ensuring that stress testing and capital utilisation is embedded in decision- making processes
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programmes and coaching
- Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collaterals
- Provide a formal attestation at periodic intervals to the General Manager on Risk Management.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 10 years financial services experience in risk oversight roles covering credit, counterparty, investment, market, liquidity and operational risk
- Strong business acumen coupled with a degree in business, finance, risk management or a related field
- Risk Management professional certification would be an asset
- Proven experience in implementing and managing Enterprise Risk Management strategy and governance, risk and compliance activities
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets, Basel III and products at a higher level and awareness of the country's regulatory framework.
- Strong people management, leadership and development skills
- Ability to work within an environment that is entrepreneurial and innovative and be able to utilise a common sense approach with sound judgement and provide clear direction
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements, expectations and business impacts
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to tailor your message to suit your audience
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary+ benefits
- Bonus opportunities
If you're keen to join a leading global bank and have the required skills,
Apply on-line now!