The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Valuations, Modelling and Economics (VME) team in our Auckland office.
Your Key Responsibilities
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Leading teams of valuation and modelling professionals to deliver high quality advice to EY's clients
- Managing assignments/engagements by ensuring that EY's services are client focused, clear, accurate and well presented in a timely manner as agreed with the client and team.
- Actively keeping abreast of current and emerging developments and service offerings
- Applying new knowledge and learnings to client engagements and firm projects
- Providing guidance and expertise to team members and clients on technical issues/practices
- Providing leadership and helping further develop the VME team within the New Zealand market for valuations and modelling services
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstrated experience in managing the application of different valuation methodologies and techniques within a Chartered Accounting firm or in venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research or experience in a similar corporate finance role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external clients and team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach junior staff members
- Business and relationship development experience
- Able to demonstrate the highest level of professional and personal integrity
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related discipline (such as Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- The achievement of a post-graduate qualification such as the CA or CFA or equivalent is preferable
- At least eight years of related experience with a track record of strong performance in corporate finance and financial modelling
What Working At EY Offers
- Excellent numeracy skills with a logical and methodical approach and the ability to think laterally
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to respond pro-actively to client requirements
- The ability to successfully manage conflict situations with demonstrated resilience
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that's right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you'll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 64 9 300 7044.
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It's Yours To Build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.