Non-Financial Reporting and Assurance - ESG / Manager
We are seeking a Non-Financial Reporting (ESG) and Assurance Manager to join the Climate Change and Sustainability Services team based in Auckland or Wellington. We are looking for a passionate sustainability professional to join our Climate Change and Sustainability Services team.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services Team has recently been recognised by Verdantix as the global leader in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) consulting. Our Oceania business comprises a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 passionate professionals providing support and advice to clients across all market sectors. We now number over 20 in the New Zealand team – across Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch – and work across the full spectrum of sustainability and climate change issues, including ESG strategy, outcomes measurement, sustainable finance, climate risk and decarbonisation, work health and safety, human rights and modern slavery through advisory and assurance engagements. We have a strong focus on the technical development of our teams, and developing the next generation of sustainability professionals.
Your key responsibilities
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary, multi-geographical team across a range of industries, assisting organisations to provide accurate and reliable information regarding their ESG risks and performance
- Provide assurance of non-financial reporting, including sustainability metrics, emissions and energy reporting across a range of industry sectors
- Support clients to develop and improve ESG programme management and associated data collation and reporting processes
- Leverage digital technology to analyse and interpret complex ESG data.
- Work flexibly across a number of engagements at once, providing technical advice and guidance to the highest standards.
- Proactively lead and manage client engagements, in service of current and future strategic priorities for EY CCaSS.
- Be across the evolving climate change legislative framework and understand what it means for EY and our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrated success in delivering sustainability policy, advice, and/or strategies.
- Demonstrated diversity of thinking in applying expertise to sustainability or climate change issues.
- Deep knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice as well as a good understanding of the issues within the Sustainability industry, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, the Taskforce for Climate-Related financial Disclosures (TCFD), and XRB climate-related disclosures.
- Experience providing assurance over financial or non-financial disclosures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- Outstanding project and time management skills.
- Tertiary qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics, social sciences, law, organisational development, research methods or international development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical analytical skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Professional services/consulting experience
- Practical experience with energy and emissions reporting schemes.
- An excellent and demonstrated understanding of climate risk treatment, modelling, and communication.