Kernel develops innovative investment products including new index-tracking funds providing more diverse market exposure. Kernel's rapidly growing investor base is made up of both wholesale and retail investors, who enjoy the benefits of state-of-the-art technology, low fees, and a unique product offering.
In the past year Kernel has launched a series of equity index funds, and recently this product range has expanded to include the lowest cost global equity funds offered by any NZ fund manager.
We are a digitally powered investment provider, with a growing team that is quickly developing a reputation for innovation and market firsts. Building our investors long-term wealth is at the heart of what we do at Kernel, this means long-term thinking is front of mind for our entire team, as we continue to design and launch a range of investment solutions for our diverse range of investors.
- We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated individual to support and build on the success of the team to date. The primary responsibility of the role is to drive the growth of Kernel across a broad range of wholesale investor and intermediary segments, with a focus on the long term-relationship of the clients, and using gathered insights to help further shape Kernel's overall offering.
- You will be maintaining existing relationships, and opening new channels, and will have an ability to connect meaningfully with these customers in a professional manner. A core focus on the role will be expanding the business across client segments.
- This on the pulse role will also see you shape the growing Kernel product offering, from presenting new product concepts through to the roll out of new technology solutions.
- Experience in the financial markets environment of 3-5 years' in this client facing role is ideal, however, more important is your aligned values and a passion for long-term customer outcomes.
- This is an opportunity to think outside of the box, build knowledge and a career in an innovative and progressive financial services firm, and to have direct input to the future development of Kernel's product range.
- Represent Kernel, our values and vision.
- Prospect, develop, grow, and maintain client relationships.
- Educate on our product range, position investment ideas, and provide general client support services.
- Travel domestically. Attend industry events, meet clients, and propose new ideas for client engagement.
- Manage day-to-day operational duties (i.e. manage and track customer growth, report weekly activities, and accomplishments, etc.).
- Conduct client portfolio analysis, create investment reports and research, and provide regular commentary and insight to the market.
- Work closely with the Kernel team to enhance and shape our strategic plan and generate future growth.
- Provide feedback internally on client interest for product development and sales strategy.
Skills & Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the financial services sector, ideally sales focused.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and meeting/presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 ideally with advanced Excel skills, and experience using cloud CRM technology an advantage.
- Ability to analyse and speak about comprehensive investment themes, market research and portfolio design.
- Native English proficiency essential but other languages always a bonus.
We are a progressive financial services firm, we are willing to challenge the status quo, and we prioritise long-term thinking and values over short-term incentives.
A company culture that values the unique perspectives of all team members, we share in our successes and support each other to deliver superior outcomes. We're a high growth company and you'll form a core part of an innovative and collaborative team environment where your input will directly shape the future development of Kernel.
We want you to grow with us. As Kernel grows, you'll have the opportunity to take on new challenges, extend your skill sets, and take on more responsibilities. Click here to apply.
- We're running a marathon, not a sprint
Our core service builds long term wealth and prosperity, and that doesn't happen overnight. In that composure we demonstrate wisdom. Our target customers are with us for the long term and so are our team.
Not all investors are alike and we will empower them to express their individuality.
There's no superiority amongst peers. We encourage open and free sharing of opinions, so that everyone feels as though they collaborate and contribute.
An insatiable desire to understand the inner workings of things, fostered in an environment of continual thinking, innovation and problem solving.
We call a spade a spade. We will always engage with our investors in a language they understand - never diluted, never jargonised, never sugar coated and never in the small print.