The Accountant - Performance and Planning is a newly created position within our Corporate Finance department. This role will assist with the continuous improvement of KiwiRail's financial performance reporting as well as contribute to the development of the corporate analysis function.
The role contains an interesting mix of financial modelling, reporting, analysis and advice in relation to performance management, and business planning across the Kiwirail Group. There will also be opportunities to provide analytical support to a number of existing and upcoming projects,
Your Role Includes
Your Skills Include
- CFIS Reporting to Treasury
- Cashflow modelling and working capital analysis
- Monthly performance reporting support, including monitoring and reporting on business unit trends and variances
- Ad-hoc Analysis and Project work
- Financial Planning Process support
- Process Improvement
This role would suit a highly analytical individual who is able to see the big picture and understand the impact and outcomes of their work. We are looking for a solution-finder who is excited to make this role their own.
- CFIS experience or a background in financial accounting
- Background in continuous improvement
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Stakeholder engagement, building effective working relationships across the wider finance function
- A CA qualification
We offer great benefits including 5 weeks annual leave and heavily discounted travel on the Great Journeys of NZ.
Applications close Sunday 15th December 2019