KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Advisory division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services to clients. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognized value. Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer our clients a wide variety of service lines.
Deal Advisory is a multi-disciplinary team and individuals are expected to be able to work outside their core service area, across wider Deal Advisory both locally and nationally as workflows require. We may also work with our international colleagues on multi-jurisdictional work.
- We work with a diverse range of clients both locally and internationally on transactions that seek to realise value of an investment. Our work is relied upon by Investment Committees, Boards of Directors, Management Teams and Lenders to make investment and divestment decisions.
- The successful candidate will work on a range of financial due diligence and related assignments to a high standard across a range of sectors in New Zealand and overseas. Key service offerings of the team include:
- Buy-side due diligence
- Vendor due diligence and assistance
- IPO support
- Public company takeover due diligence
- Due diligence type advice to public sector clients
- Work across the wider Deal Advisory team as the workflows require
- Manage small assignments/projects, and provide appropriate technical input into larger assignments
- Produce clear and well-presented information/reports
- Undertake project planning
- Understand client needs, responding quickly and ensuring advice to clients is technically sound and relevant to their needs
- Develop an understanding of clients' businesses (e.g. issues they face, markets they operate in, key developments)
- Use technical knowledge to assist in marketing/service development initiatives
- Develop appropriate links and networks within KPMG locally and nationally to build a peer support network
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
- 2 years + of relevant practical advisory experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- An understanding of, and interest in the commercial environment
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Access Database (preferable)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- A high level of professionalism
- A high level of self-motivation, energy and drive
- Excellent problem solving abilities