About the job
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Advisory business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity.
Day To Day You Will
- Your new leadership role as a Director in the Auckland Advisory team at KPMG will see you building and growing out our Government practice within our Management Consulting team. You will partner with key clients to support the impact of Central Government reform in water, health, education and local government on their organisation, whilst helping clients deliver on large programmes of transformation, deliver on their services to a third of the New Zealand population.
- This is a tailored role, you will need to have extensive experience in business development and programme delivery gained in a Consulting environment as you'll be tasked with winning work, delivering work and playing your part in leading a high performing team of consultants.
What You'll Bring To Our Team
- Have a primary focus on business development in the Auckland market serving government clients (local and central).
- Provide clients with programme design and delivery expertise to allow them to deliver on their strategic outcomes.
- Negotiate and deliver on client expectations
- Ensure customer and stakeholder satisfaction, through supporting clients deliver their transformation programmes.
- Develop and monitor project plans, plan overall work requirements of an engagement, develop terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks
- Direct assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking engagements
- Assist with staff supervision, counselling, review and on the job coaching of staff on individual engagements
- Contribute to the development and marketing of new products and services
- Develop and build trusted relationships with our clients
- Actively seek feedback from clients to ensure our service quality is maintained
- Minimum 10 years of relevant practical consulting experience
- Drive and enthusiasm with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
- Strong experience in growing and building a practice
- Excellent leadership skills - coaching and mentoring the team
- Excellent problem solving and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability in business development or advisory
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the project team
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in serving the Government sector as an employee or as a consultant.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.