Manager/Assistant Manager - Deal Advisory
ADVISORY - DEAL ADVISORY
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our Wellington Deal Advisory team is looking for exceptional candidates with approximately 7-10 years working experience in the private sector or a government agency. We are a team of diverse skill-sets and backgrounds who enjoy working together on challenging engagements for our commercial and government clients. We are proud of our collaborative and supportive culture.
- As a member of our team, you might be involved in:
- Supporting a public agency procure large-scale infrastructure
- Developing the strategic and economic rationale for new investment
- Financial modelling to support a commercial transaction or business case for investment
- Providing strategic advice to a company in a disrupted industry
- Improving the cost effectiveness of a government initiative
- While our team has a commercial focus, we are also interested in hearing from candidates with an economics or policy background who have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Manage engagements on a day to day basis with support from directors and partners
- Advise clients on complex strategic, commercial and investment decisions
- Analyse problems, identify core issues, investigate and formulate solutions to client issues
- Coach, develop and quality assure the work of junior staff
- Assist the team in identifying and pursuing business opportunities
- Balance of verbal analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate solutions to complex issues in a simple, accessible way
- Passion for developing solutions for complex economic, social and business challenges
- Understanding how New Zealand government works in policy setting and investment prioritisation
- Previous experience in the private sector or a government agency
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.