KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's Deal Advisory practice is a significant supplier of financial advice, across its lines of business - Mergers & Acquisitions, Valuations, Infrastructure & Projects, Restructuring, Transaction Services and Debt Advisory Services. Our analysts combine commercial acumen with extensive knowledge of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Deal Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment to develop yourself as an investment professional.
- The Restructuring & Insolvency team are looking for an experienced professional to join the team at the Manager to Associate Director level. We are looking for someone who wants to work primarily within the restructuring team to provide a wide range of financial restructuring engagements, including Independent Business Reviews reporting on liquidity management, cost reduction, working capital optimisation, and contingency plans, in addition to working on formal insolvency appointments.
- The successful applicant will work with the Deal Advisory leadership to support the strategic goals of the division including operational responsibility for the successful delivery of engagements, and staff and client relationships. This role also contributes to the growth of the business through identification and acquisition of new business, building networks and relationships, and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole.
- Day to day you will:
- Play a leading role in the delivery of assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements
- Build strong, trusted relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
- Perform financial analysis to understand clients' commercial challenges and develop restructuring / turnaround solutions such as cost reduction, working capital improvements, accelerated M&A, refinancing and exit options
- Develop and monitor project plans, planning overall work requirements of an engagement, developing terms of reference for clients that outlines objectives and key risks
- Develop well-reasoned solutions that recognise the constraints of client's internal and external environments
- Perform cashflow forecast reviews and undertaking sensitivity analysis
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
- 6+ years' experience in a professional role including specific experience within the Corporate Finance / Financial Restructuring / Turnaround / Insolvency environment. Some corporate insolvency experience beneficial.
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with
- Familiarity with legal frameworks relating to Restructuring & Insolvency
- Demonstrated ability in business development including being able to market self and attract new clients to the firm
- Post-graduate qualification
- Financial modelling capability would be advantageous
- Membership or qualification with a relevant professional organisation
- Previous experience and a proven track record in the overall management and leadership of staff both as a team and in terms of their technical work
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.