KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Deal Advisory team in KPMG is a significant supplier of investment expertise with a transaction focus. Our analysts combine commercial acumen with extensive knowledge of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Deal Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment to develop yourself as an investment professional.
- We are looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst or Assistant Manager to join our award-winning Deal Advisory team. You will be a pivotal member of the team, responsible for executing key elements of deals, managing client interactions and supporting the development and supervision of other team members. You will have developed analytical skills, including financial modelling and be seeking more opportunity to use your commercial acumen.
- Day to day you will:
- Analyse problems, identify core issues, investigate and formulate solutions, ensuring recommendations to clients is technically sound and aligned with clients' needs
- Conduct commercial analysis and structuring of deal features
- Assist with the delivery of projects including financial analysis and report writing
- Coach, develop and quality assure the work of junior staff
- Assist the team in identifying and pursuing business opportunities in line with our strategy
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking engagements
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
- You'll have:
- Current experience working in a similar role within a Corporate Finance Advisory, Investment Banking or Institutional Banking environment
- Previous experience in client facing roles in a collaborative environment
- A passion for developing commercial solutions for complex economic, social and business challenges
- Previous role requiring strong commercial mind-set
- An ability to communicate solutions to complex issues in a simple, accessible way
- Experience of applied finance and accounting in contexts such as commercial planning and investment appraisal
- An understanding how New Zealand government works in policy setting and investment prioritisation