Senior Treasury Risk Manager
About the job
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and aims to provide the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Our Financial Risk Advisory team has extensive treasury, prudential regulatory and financial instruments accounting advisory experience (RBNZ Banking Handbook, IFRS 9, IFRS 7 and IAS 32) in the market as well as in-depth understanding of technical accounting and insights into practical application issues and challenges.
The team’s experience enables us to anticipate and proactively address the challenges in the application of these accounting standards to the financial services and non-financial services sector. Our proven track record have resulted in significant growth which require dynamic and skilled individuals to deliver.
Day To Day You Will
- This role will see you work closely with a variety of clients, including NZX listed corporates and registered banks. This role will also provide you with opportunities to get involved in areas of financial risk e.g. corporate treasury, market risk etc.
- The primary focus of the successful candidate will be hedge accounting and financial instruments valuation for financial services and corporate clients, with secondary focus on prudential regulatory engagements.
- The seniority of the role would depend on the experience of the candidate.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Provide specialist advice on the assessment and implementation of IFRS 9 and IAS39, IFRS 7 and practical advice on financial instrument accounting issues.
- Deliver on financial instruments related engagements (Advisory or Audit) - this includes:
- Designate hedging relationships using forward foreign exchange contract, interest rate swaps, cross currency interest rate swaps and options;
- Auditing or accounting advice on hedge documentation, hedge effectiveness testing and hedge accounting journals;
- Financial instrument valuations (calculating CVA/DVA adjustments)
- Financial instruments and hedge accounting related disclosures
- Assess the impact of emerging issues on borrowing, investment or hedging activities.
- Provide subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to IFRS 9 hedge accounting standards
- Lead client workshops, training and challenge around clients’ IFRS 9 hedge accounting principles and practices
- Lead regulatory compliance reviews of registered banks on market risk and liquidity risk.
- Risk and regulatory experience in a banking, finance or corporate treasury environment.
- Understanding of financial markets particularly debt capital markets, FX and interest rate risk and derivatives
- In-depth knowledge of financial instruments valuation, including impact of collateralisation. Knowledge of the upcoming IBOR reform is beneficial.
- Accounting experience and familiarity with the application of IAS 39 and IFRS 9, IFRS 7 and IFRS 13
- Excel/VBA, SQL (views, joins, stored procedures, etc.), MS SQL Server.
- Experience in business development, as well as proposal writing and presenting to clients
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience managing and coaching a team
- Proven track record in report writing
- Prior consulting experience is welcomed but not necessary, similarly to model validation experience