LevelTwo is New Zealand's only technology incubator and investor with flexible laboratory and workshop facilities designed to support the development of early-stage, deep technology start-ups. We have recently raised a $10m fund and are looking to supercharge how we invest - now is your opportunity to join us in supporting the most exciting start-ups in the country.
LevelTwo's mission is to bring New Zealand's deep technology innovations to the world stage by helping founders turn unique science and engineering-based ideas into companies that deliver real-world solutions on a global scale. We have a 20+ year history of technology commercialisation on-site, with notable alumni including Rocket Lab and LanzaTech. Over the last five years, LevelTwo has grown from a skunkworks operation to a recognised and well-connected home of deep technology ventures in New Zealand.
- Your mission is to uncover and invest in the next generation of deep technology pioneers. You'll be meeting hundreds of founders a year and paving their path to investment for the most ambitious.
- You will be involved in the end to end investment process, from initial contact to working with our portfolio ventures and helping them succeed.
- You will support the scale-up of LevelTwo's Launch Lab programme, where young ideas are given free space, cash investment, and mentorship to get off the ground.
- You will manage deal pipeline and take a look under the hood of these ambitious start-ups by taking charge of the due diligence.
- You will join the management team and board in raising the next fund and building relationships with LPs.
- You will ensure that LevelTwo is inclusive and doing its part in improving diversity in startups.
- You will be travelling around New Zealand, building relationships with universities, CRI's, innovation hubs and founders.
As a critical member of a small but passionate team, you'll be poised to make a big impact. You'll report to our CEO.
- You understand the founder journey because you've founded, worked in, exited, or invested in startups.
- You have a depth of knowledge in a particular area of science or engineering - whether through an academic background or by building something on your own.
- You have great analytical and research skills, understand business models and can quickly interrogate an opportunity.
- You have a strong view of what the future will look like - you will help ambitious founders create it.
- You love working with and supporting others, are good at maintaining relationships and want to help founders grow.
- You will bring your local and international connections and have the experience to be able to hit the ground running.
Reasons we love working at LevelTwo
- We're building an exciting new business venture on a long history of deep technology innovation.
- We are a supportive and committed team who help each other grow and aren't afraid to roll up our sleeves.
- It's a constant learning and development environment with a behind the scenes view of startup operations and early-stage venture capital investment.
This role is full-time and based at our facilities in Parnell, Auckland. It is open to NZ Citizens and Residents, Investor 1 or 2 Resident Visa holders, as well as non-residents.
Remuneration will be appropriate for the impact of the role and include ESOP.
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be invited to answer three short questions. If you are then shortlisted, we will invite you for an interview with members of the LevelTwo team (in person or via video call). We hope to finish the process by the end of December 2020 and would love for you to start as soon as possible after that.