This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced legal professional to join our client, NZX as General Counsel - Funds Management. You will be responsible for providing a wide range of advice on matters to the Smartshares business whilst participating in decisions that affect New Zealand’s capital markets.
The role will include:
· Legal support to NZX’s funds management and services business including securities law
· Advice on contractual law, companies and securities law including NZX listing rules,
competition and trade practices.
· Helping Smartshares to comply with its obligations as a licensed fund manager.
· Advice on contractual law and negotiation of these with external parties.
· Act as Smartshares Company Secretary which includes the provision of legal support to the
· Providing additional support to NZX’s broader legal function.
Working closely with a talented team we are looking for an individual who has polished communication and negotiation skills, who can demonstrate strong business acumen and commerciality in addition to the prerequisite legal background and knowledge of securities law.
To be successful you will possess:
· Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in private practice or in-house
· Extensive working knowledge of capital markets and funds management.
· Sound analytical skills.
· Previous leadership experience including the supervision and mentoring of staff.
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally whilst managing a
If you meet the above criterial, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like further information or wish to have a confidential conversation, please do not hesitate to contact Liza Patel on 021 549 267 or email email@example.com