Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's largest comprehensive financial groups, comprising a diverse range of leading companies in a wide array of financial businesses. MUFG is the largest bank in Japan, with a global network spanning more than 40 countries. Outside of Japan, MUFG offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide.
In Asia and Oceania including East Asia, MUFG has presence in 17 key markets with offices in 58 locations and close to 7,400 employees serving largely corporate and institutional clients in this region. Singapore serves as the regional headquarters for South Asia, South-east Asia and the Oceania region since July 2013.
Purpose of the position
To provide support for the Relationship Managers in Auckland branch and portfolio management of New Zealand based Japanese corporate and institutional clients across a range of industries.
Responsibilities & duties
Working in close partnership with Relationship Manager
- Work in close conjunction with the Relationship Manager ("RM"), both internally within MUFG together with various direct client engagement requirements.
- Develop strong customer information knowledge and provide backup for the RM when away, including directly contacting clients
- Prepare Credit Applications to help achieve positive client outcomes
- Portfolio Management of a client set with diverse industry sectors.
- Maintaining appropriate annual Borrowers Ratings on a proactive basis.
- Develop in depth client and industry financial analysis.
- Track and monitor clients security and covenant reporting requirements
- Be well acquainted with the Bank's policy, guidelines, and standard procedures that are relevant to your assigned functions.
- Prepare detailed reports imposed by Regional Management, Head Office and Credit Department related to client set.
- Support post approval transaction progression and execution, including legal documentation.
- Assist RM / Operations Team with the KYC process
Business Support Material
- Keep the credit files and monitoring systems up to date
- Record communication with customers via Call Reports
- Prepare internal & external marketing materials as requested by the RM
Desirable - Undergraduate qualification in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Law
Work experience & skills
Essential - Minimum 2 years' professional experience in Corporate Finance, Investment Bank or Chartered Accounting Firms
Desirable - Exposure to Banking and Finance Industry
- Deliver extraordinary customer experiences
- Collaborate and build partnerships
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Drive for results
- Lead change and seek continuous improvements
- Balance risk with opportunity
- Demonstrate global perspective
- Influence and inspire others
- Think strategically
- Manage and develop talent (For people managers only)