Karanga mai, Karanga mai rā!
E ngā wheao o te ao pakihi Māori! Ngā taniwha rāngai tūmataiti; ngā manu tāiko ūmanga, ngā ihorei tauhokohoko, ngā tohunga haumī! Nei rā te karanga o Te Taurapa Tūhono ki a koutou.
Piki mai, kake mai rā!
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) works with some of New Zealand's most innovative and forward-thinking companies, helping them grow internationally. Our people are based in 50 offices, working across 24 time zones and 40 languages to support New Zealand businesses in over 100 countries.
NZTE Investment plays a big role in helping deliver on NZTE's purpose of growing NZ companies to grow bigger, better, faster for the good of New Zealand.
This is a newly created role, reporting into the GM of Investment. With 2x reports of your own you could be based in either of our Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch offices.
The primary purpose of this position is to enable Māori to prosper economically on the Global Stage.
Hinonga - Māori better-utilising their assets to generate income and meaningful employment in Aotearoa
Mātauranga - informed Māori investors growing diversified portfolios
Rangapū - Māori partnering for investment success
Tītohu - Awesome Māori investment opportunities showcased to the world
What you'll be doing:
This role will lead, manage and develop a team of Investment Managers to originate opportunities and build the investment capability of Māori stakeholders. All with the goal of accelerating Māori projects to an investment ready state to attract domestic capital or Foreign Direct Investment.
The position also plays a critical role in the Investment Leadership Team, is a key connector between the Domestic Investment team and International Investment team and forms a vital part of NZTE's Te Pora Māori team. Further to this, you will contribute to, and play a lead role within Te Pora Māori and support NZTE's Māori strategy work.
You will Identify and demonstrate the attractiveness of Māori investment opportunities from a strategic, technical and financial perspective to key decision makers in market and within New Zealand.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Being an authentic, collaborative and capable leader
- Contributing to and growing the competence of Māori
- Being a trusted investment advisor to all stakeholders, particularly Māori organisations, NZ companies, investors and local and national governmental bodies.
- Strong New Zealand industry knowledge and strategic capability, with expertise in the identification of investment opportunities and business case development.
- Proven financial, analytical and investment experience, and have an in-depth knowledge of New Zealand's sectors and corporate finance.
- Proven leadership experience in Investment Banking, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), corporate finance and/or Investment raising.
- Proven ability to lead and influence financial discussions with companies at the Senior Management level.
- Comprehensive grasp of New Zealand financial ecosystem and global economy.
- Understand the political framework in which NZTE operates, particularly in relation to FDI.
- Strong relationships with Māori organisations and affinity for Tikanga Māori
Why you'll love working here:
We are an ambitious team who expect greatness of ourselves. Our environment encourages experimentation and constant learning, having brave conversations, intellectual challenge and absolute honesty.
We keep promises and honor commitments and We celebrate the mana (strength and dignity) of each other as being equal to or greater than our own
We believe New Zealand is good for the world. A country embracing its diverse landscapes and even greater diversity of its people. At NZTE it's all about the people. We're deeply connected to the diversity of our people across the globe and embrace how that drives our organisation and the country forward.
For more information on this role please click here. To be considered please apply before 17th October 2019