OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney's Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We're now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: 'OFX')
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to act as a focal point for the oversight of the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) systems and compliance measures of two OFX entities; NZForex Ltd and OzForex Ltd.
What you'll be doing:
- Timely capture of new regulatory updates, circulars and guidelines and disseminate them to the relevant business units. Take necessary action to ensure OFX complies with regulatory updates.
- Formulate and maintain compliance policies and procedures, perform ML/TF risk assessments.
- Review new products and services in the pipeline and proposed changes to existing products/services to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Oversight the compliance reporting to the New Zealand and Australian regulators.
- Perform compliance monitoring and review from regulatory perspective and work closely with the Quality Assurance team and others to monitor the performance of the AML/CTF Programs for NZForex Ltd and OzForex Ltd on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
- Advise on compliance / AML matters, and as an AML subject matter expert provide direction and guidance to the business and product teams. Provide compliance support for business projects.
- Advise on appropriate measures for high risk accounts/transactions. Review and act as approver for enhanced due diligence conducted on High risk customers.
- Co-ordinate with relevant parties around the globe on multi-region AML and financial crime matters to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Act as the focal point for external reviews (regulatory or audit) of NZForex Ltd and OzForex Ltd.
What you bring:
- Over 5 years' experience in compliance in the financial services industry.
- University degree, preferably in law, business or finance.
- ACAMS or other relevant certification a plus.
- Detailed understanding of AML/CTF requirements and risks. Experience working with relevant New Zealand and Australian legislation and regulatory authorities.
- Clear understanding of AML/CTF programs and controls.
- Risk focused mentality - people, company & customer.
- Solid relationship management skills when interacting with multiple stakeholders globally with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
What it's like working at OFX:
We're OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we're not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We're committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
Global markets move fast and so do we. We work across borders and time zones, which helps make the world feel a little smaller. From San Francisco, Toronto to London, Dublin, Sydney, Auckland, Hong Kong & Singapore, there's always a colleague to help.
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers' effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it's participating in our weekly yoga class (now also online), office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!