About the role:
The PwC Capital Advisory team works with a range of clients across various industries, helping them to achieve their capital structure and financing objectives (both debt and equity).
Our team is growing and as a result, we are looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst to join our team in Auckland.
You will work with leaders and staff within the wider team to deliver high quality capital and financing advice to clients ranging from medium sized businesses through to listed corporate clients and public sector entities. You will be responsible for providing strategic as well as practical advisory services and will have a high level of direct client contact.
The role is varied with engagements ranging from debt arrangement and marketing to capital structure and IPO recommendations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Skills and experience:
- Taking a lead role in preparing marketing materials (such as Information Memorandums)
- Taking a lead role in financial modelling and excel based analysis
- Taking a lead role on engagements that provide capital strategic/financing advice
- Engaging with clients
- Proactively developing knowledge through appropriate research, keeping current with firm’s technical and industry guidance, training and interactions with internal PwC specialists
- Identifying and developing technical solutions to client/industry issues utilising your experience as well as using pre-existing materials such as methodologies or previous engagements
- Proactively identifying areas for technical skill or capability development and suitable internal training courses
- Leading the analysis and writing of client reports and advice.
Highlights of working at PwC NZ:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience - either within Corporate Finance, Legal or Banking
- A passion for the capital and credit markets
- A tertiary qualification in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics/statistics, law and engineering or other applicable fields are all of interest
- Prior experience producing high quality reports
- Advanced user of MS Excel plus capable with MS Power Point, MS Office and the Google Suite
- Financial statement analysis experience
- Strong report writing skills and attention to detail
What are you waiting for?
- Unrivalled level of access to industry expertise, both locally and through our wider global network of member firms, where you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology.
- Dress for your day and flex your schedule in alignment with team and client needs
- Inclusive 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents - mums, dad’s, caregivers with no minimum service!
- Enhanced leave capabilities - an opportunity to purchase additional leave with 2 staff recognition days available each year
- Paid volunteer days available through our PwC Foundation - help to resolve the societal issue of “children’s welfare” in New Zealand through ToiToi and FliP
- Rainbow tick certified - we are a progressive, inclusive and a dynamic organisation that reflects the community we are based in
Hit the Apply Now button! If you still need some convincing, head over to our careers page which has even more information about diversity and inclusion and perks of the job at PwC.