Head of Department - Enforcement
- An influential leadership role in a newly formed department
- Promote confidence in compliance across all sectors regulated by us
- Drive meaningful work that makes a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
Te tūranga - The role
This is a key leadership position within the Financial Stability Group that will be instrumental in the implementation and execution of our enforcement and compliance strategic priorities.
- develop investigation and enforcement capabilities and best practices
- lead the team, recommending and coordinating enforcement action where appropriate
- support our new Enforcement Committee, and participate in various internal Steering Committees as required
- champion strong self and people management and support a culture of organisational development and quality output
- build strong relationships with internal teams, other regulatory agencies and financial institutions.
Ō pūkenga - About you
You will bring:
- significant proven leadership experience, with demonstrated success in developing and motivating people effectively
- have, or be able to rapidly acquire, the knowledge and understanding of the way we should work to fulfil our regulatory obligations
- ability to provide intellectual and organisational leadership and contribution to a diverse team as well as encouraging co-operation and teamwork
- deep expertise in enforcement and compliance within relevant financial sectors
- demonstrable understanding of regulatory frameworks.
- strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, particularly with external parties
- proven ability to build collaborative relationships
- sound judgement and expert decision-making ability
- demonstrated high standards of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline with relevant professional experience
READ MORE AND APPLY