CEO: Qualifications and Experience
The Co-Chairs (Ross Pennington and Bridget Coates) seek a person with the following capabilities, qualifications and experience:
• Finance background. Ideally, a current profile and immediate credibility within the finance sector in New Zealand.
• Experience in sustainable finance and a passion for driving the sustainability agenda
• Strategic leadership, an ability to become the "Face of Sustainable Finance" in Aotearoa New Zealand. Working alongside the SF Governance group, an ability to clearly establish the priorities of the Centre and to articulate those priorities to the stakeholder group, including the media and the wider New Zealand community.
• Proven implementation capability. Clear ability to implement the agreed priorities on time and on budget, including arranging finance and recruiting staff as required to deliver those objectives.
• Stakeholder engagement. An ability to form a 'coalition of the willing', to draw a broad and complex set of stakeholders together to deliver against the objectives of the Centre.
• Government engagement. A background in working with Government. Experience in establishing projects, securing financing and delivering against project objectives.
• International networks. A clear interest in global developments in sustainable finance and an ability to translate global developments and demonstrate relevance for local conditions.
CEO: Ideal Personal Characteristics and Attributes
• A strong bias for action. Implementation of the Centre is urgent, and the CEO must show an ability to deal with obstacles efficiently.
• Entrepreneurial characteristics. Motivation, vision, confidence and innovative thinking.
• An ability to represent Sustainable Finance principles in the media and across all stakeholders with passion and energy.
CEO: Lines of Reporting
The CEO is responsible to the Board of the Centre for Sustainable Finance and the implementation groups will report to the CEO.
Click here for an overview of the structure of the Centre and where the Centre sits within The Aotearoa Circle.
Support and Benefits
The Co-Chairs would prefer a fulltime commitment but would consider a part time CEO in certain circumstances. An appropriate salary has been agreed. Administrative support from Ernst and Young (EY) is scheduled to continue and a downtown Auckland office location has been identified.
Interested in Applying?
Please contact Isabelle Smith (email@example.com) to register interest. Further details on draft structure and budget are available upon request.