Unique opportunity to join a credit underwriting team that directly supports New Zealand exports.
- Opportunity to be part of the NZ Export Credit team, supporting the growth of exporting businesses
- A role that provides a wide range of underwriting duties and credit assessment scenarios
- A passionate, ambitious and professional team environment
Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders.
We are seeking someone to join us as an Underwriterin the NZ Export Credit (NZEC)team in Wellington.
NZEC is a unit within the Treasury's Capital Markets directorate. Its role is to support New Zealand exports and the internationalisation of New Zealand companies by providing trade credit insurance and financial guarantees that cover a range of political and commercial risks associated with doing international business (https://exportcredit.treasury.govt.nz/).
NZEC is a small, experienced team that is focused on:
- engaging and educating businesses about the financial risks and challenges of exporting, and the range of private and NZEC financial solutions;
- assessing commercial and political risks, and making recommendations in respect to applications for NZEC financial services;
- monitoring policies, and managing claims and recoveries; and
- supporting the Government's economic recovery response from COVID-19.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who will have the opportunity to:
- perform a wide range of underwriting duties, including risk assessment of export transactions, the preparation of policy documentation, monitoring and reporting of NZEC's exposures and results, and management of claims and recoveries;
- provide input into NZEC's business process improvements and risk management practices;
- work collaboratively to support other NZEC team members, and engage with exporters, senior officials, Ministers and private sector partners (as required).
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- experience in finance roles with expertise in credit analysis (at least four years' experience in a similar position) preferably with experience in export credit insurance, structured finance, commercial banking and/or a relevant business background;
- proven transactional credit, analytical and financial skills, with the ability to identify the commercial risks of a business and transaction, and (where appropriate) recommend workable solutions;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to distil complex issues clearly and succinctly; and
- high levels of initiative, and attention to detail.
The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work/non-work balance. Please talk to us about flexible working arrangements.
If you would like further information on the role, please click here or contact the Head of Underwriting (Feliza.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications close - Sunday 29 November. All applications must be made online.