Central Risk Reporting Manager - Data and Reporting Team
Westpac's Data and Reporting team is executing its vision to broaden capability, improve bench strength and deepen engagement with Risk and the Bank. We're making substantial investment in our data, systems, processes and analytical tools with the goal of becoming the best Risk insights function in New Zealand. To get us there, we need talented and driven individuals to help us execute our vision bringing our data-driven strategies to life.
How will I help?
Reporting to the Senior Manager Reporting, you will be responsible for overseeing the Central Risk Reporting team to deliver credit risk management reports and associated insights to internal and external stakeholders.
Using your experience in end-to-end report delivery, you and your team will be creating and enhancing reports in various formats, such as Power BI and Excel, as well as driving improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of these reports. You will be relied upon to drive highly automated processes and self-serve solutions, ranging from data extracts to interactive visualisations. You will promote innovation through identifying reporting gaps and value-add opportunities. In addition, you will play a key role in supporting risk management and regulatory initiatives.
As a people leader, you will manage your team's workload and priorities as well as helping to improve capability. This includes leading best practice and upskilling their quantitative and qualitative analytical expertise.
You will work closely with the wider Data and Reporting team in Risk Analytics to ensure consistent report delivery. This is a highly collaborative, leadership role with exposure to the wider Risk team, internal departments, and external partners.
What you'll need to succeed:
We seek curious, change agile, collaborative people. Key to your success in this role requires:
• 5+ years' experience in credit risk reporting or quantitative analysis related functions, including 3+ years in a senior or manager reporting role (essential)
• Strong SAS and/or SQL computer language experience, including ability to query and manipulate large data (essential)
• Highly developed analytical and report building skills, including advanced Excel experience (essential)
• Experience using data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or SAS Visual Analytics (preferred)
• Exceptional numerical analysis, logical and interpretative skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• High personal standards with a determination for industry-leading performance and constant improvement
• Proven experience training/mentoring junior staff
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Well organised, logical thinker, problem solver
• Strong work ethic, professional and personable
• Ability to work independently, self-driven and self-motivated
• Ability to cope with high pressure and rapidly changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the business
• Ability to work seamlessly in a dynamic and multinational culture
What is in it for me?
As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you'll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.
What is it like to work there?
We're passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. From day one, we'll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your on-going learning and development.