Manager Merchant Risk and Compliance
- Permanent full time
- Britomart, Auckland
The purpose of this role is to monitor Westpac acquired merchants in order to ensure that they are being operated in a legal and prudent manner, in full compliance with all relevant Westpac policies, card scheme mandates and legal and public policy requirements.
You will support the Product Management team by dealing with the assessment of issues around non-credit risk elements of the merchant business, including impacts of new and updated Card Scheme rules on the merchant base, plus regulatory compliance and transactional risk.
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Monitor the risk profile of the Bank's merchants, in relation to merchant fraud and legal and card scheme compliance
- Effectively use data and analysis from by our Merchant Monitoring Service Providers, internal stakeholders including the Financial Crime team, merchant onboarding team and relationship managers
- Identify issues with existing merchants that require remediation, develop and (after appropriate signoff from stakeholders) carry out agreed remedial actions
- Work with the merchant onboarding team to ensure effective evaluation of prospective merchants, and resolution of any material issues, prior to onboarding
- Maintain sound knowledge of current and impending card scheme requirements in relation to merchant acquiring and risk mitigation and reporting measures
- Where required, advise merchants on how best to maintain appropriate risk management mechanisms when considering new business, processing arrangements or technologies
- Work with MasterCard and Visa to ensure that new merchant related mandates are introduced in a way that does not materially disrupt the bank's business.
- Broad understanding of, and experience working in, merchant acquiring
- Merchant risk management experience
- Broad understanding of merchant assessment and onboarding practices
- Current understanding of card scheme rules and mandates
- Awareness of current and emerging threats and risks relating to card acceptance and processing
- Proven ability to make sound, pragmatic risk management decisions.
What's great about working for Westpac?
- Some experience working in fraud or financial crime management or detection
- Some exposure to anti money laundering requirements and practice
- Exposure to the Foregenix MerchantView service
- Experience working in an agile environment and with agile collaborative systems, for instance Jira/Gojira, Confluence.
We're passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you'll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme.
Apply today with your CV and cover letter.