Operational Risk and Compliance Manager
Westpac has a strong and trusted brand in the New Zealand market. We are responsible for leading some great innovative banking products and continue to enhance our customers experience.
We are continuing on our strategy and accelerating towards the delivery of a truly differentiated customer experience and a purpose-led, customer-centric culture. We are actively adopting agile, and lean methodologies to support a new way of working built around great teams.
We want you to be part of creating and leading an amazing work culture within our busy environment and embracing the Westpac Way of Working.
About The Role
- Permanent, full time
- Based in Britomart, Auckland
We have a fantastic opportunity to support our dedicated three lines of defence model, with this role facilitating the embedment of first line of defence for the Consumer Experience Hub (including product, marketing, analytics and digital teams).
This role is pivotal in transforming the way we manage risk and continuously drive improvements across the business units risk and compliance environment.
Components of the role will focus upon
Key to success in this role will be your ability to operate in a fast-paced environment in wake of rapidly changing regulatory expectations.
What you will bring to the role?
- Embedding WNZL's operational risk management and compliance frameworks within the business environment to ensure its ongoing effectiveness
- Developing our value chain risk management methodology, working with relevant owners across the business to implement the approach
- Providing risk assurance and oversight of key controls underpinning our customer journeys to ensure they mitigate material risks identified in line with our operational risk and compliance management frameworks
- Providing advice, risk management guidance and assurance on the business units projects and product and services lifecycle change initiatives
- Proactive issue and incident management
- Facilitating operational risk and compliance forums within leadership teams
- Influencing senior business leaders to embrace and adopt a robust and open culture of operational risk and compliance management
- Developing training and risk awareness materials to uplift risk maturity
- Delivering timely, relevant and insightful reporting for executive risk governance forums.
- A relevant professional qualification would be advantageous
- Work experience of 5+ years within the financial services sector, with experience in audit, risk management and/or compliance
- Experience of working within change and transformation programmes
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to complex regulatory programmes of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to engage with a number of stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo to take risk management to the next level.
We're passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you'll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.
Apply today with your CV and cover letter via this link.