About the job
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland (take your pick!)
Directly supporting the EGM Financial Services, the Director Commercial Finance - Financial Services is pivotal in providing expertise and insight to deliver leading financial, planning and analysis across our Financial Services business. You will need to develop a thorough understanding of the Xero business environment, with a particular focus on the Financial Services business to provide insight into its requirements for forecasting, budgeting and performance evaluation. You will be part of a team of Finance professionals, each aligned to a portfolio but with flexibility to move. You will build strong relationships throughout the business, become a trusted advisor and be an active member of the Financial Services Leadership team - actively engaged in supporting the needs of small business customers. You will communicate analysis and projection of information to many different levels and people throughout the company.
What you'll do...
- Be the Finance expert for Xero's Financial Services team.
- Lead the finance component of planning and forecasting, translating strategy into financial targets and tactical plans and delivering on cost management challenges.
- Generate and review operational results with the Financial Services Leadership team.
- Be the Business Partner that leads to faster and better decision making and performance management, consistent with the strategy of both the business and an integrated Xero.
- Be responsible for ensuring strategic initiatives have business case analysis (including ROI) to support investment and ensuring rigorous testing and challenge has been applied.
- Ensure all investment decisions and resource allocations have strong linkage into Xero's Financial Services strategy and operational plans.
- Ensure the assumptions and outcomes of strategic initiatives are clearly communicated, understood and integrated into operational plans.
- Track and report performance against strategic initiatives, highlighting potential delivery or business case challenges and recommending actionable solutions.
- Build upon your commercial skills to provide risk/reward decision making and value management.
- Actively contribute to and provide support for projects/initiatives undertaken by the business and by the FP&A team.
- Be a proficient user of our planning and reporting systems.
What you'll bring with you...
- Financial Services and/or M&A modelling, experience partnering with customer divisions.
- Deep understanding of financial modeling for payments and lending products.
- Business planning, budgeting/forecasting and linkage to strategic planning.
- Work with risk officer in establishing credit appetite settings to understand the risk/reward trade off in lending offering to customers.
- Business case investment evaluation (including ROI).
- Performance management and drive business performance.
- Hold budget holders to account to deliver on financial commitments.
- Clear understanding of strategic direction and drivers.
- Strong commercial acumen and comfortable challenging assumptions.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, innovative thinker.
- Collaboration and Partnering Communication and Influencing Team player, flexible, comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- High energy level, self-starter, proactive and results oriented.
- Operates with full openness and transparency and unquestioned integrity.
- Deep experience, with at least a minimum of 5 years, working in Banking/Financial services sector.
- CA qualified or equivalent.
This is a newly created role with matrix reporting into finance and the business. You will be a commercial thinker who has worked in financial services with outstanding senior stakeholder skills and the ability to think commercially and understand future opportunities in the financial services space.
At Xero we live and breathe our values. In your cover letter please tell us how you make a finance function #human.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position.