Head of External Reporting Initiatives
About the job
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As the Head of External Reporting Initiatives you’ll be a senior member of the Financial Control team working within our global Finance team. You’ll be a key member of the External Reporting team, providing guidance and concise conclusions for emerging areas of technical accounting, and assisting with M&A financial due diligence and integrations as required.
What you'll do...
- Support a high performing team of professionals, particularly in areas of technical accounting, allowing them to grow and thrive while doing the best work of their lives.
- Develop Xero’s financial accounting to respond to changes to the Group and the environment in ensuring Xero is not only compliant, but seen as market-leading.
- Management and implementation of projects and initiatives as required to support Xero strategy, with a focus on improving Xero’s financial control environment.
- Drive efficiencies and alignment through implementation of systems, policies and procedures across the financial control team, wider finance team and company.
- Provide advice to the business on the technical and financial implications and consequences of new revenue streams, M&A activity and other ad-hoc transactions.
- Support integrations of acquired M&A targets where necessary, including ensuring Xero meets its regular reporting requirements in relation to earn-outs.
- Be an advisor on key technical accounting areas of Xero’s reporting to other areas of finance and the wider business.
- Assist with the review of work of more junior members of the wider External Reporting team.
- Support the GM of External Reporting, and EGM of Financial Control with ad-hoc finance projects as they arise.
Experience you will bring...
- 10+ years experience in senior finance roles, either in a large corporate or big 4 accounting firm.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and on multiple competing projects.
- Extremely strong technical accounting skills and demonstrated experience in dealing with complex transactions.
- Ability to think strategically, identifying implications and risks of multiple scenarios
- CA qualified or equivalent
Along with the above you will have strong written communication skills with a focus on detail. Your verbal communication and negotiation skills will be well honed and focused on building strong relationships whilst being involved as an active member of the Xero team. Motivational leadership and living by the Xero values, you will be a key member of fostering a culture we are incredibly proud of.
If you thrive dealing with ambiguity, love a project and need more than just BAU, then this role may be for you. APPLY