- Auckland or Wellington based opportunity
- Work with a dynamic fun team!
- Become part of a culture that nurtures talent
As New Zealand’s Exchange, Te Paehoko o Aotearoa, we’re driven by a big ambition for our country. We take pride in helping to support and drive a healthy economy, thriving businesses and helping Kiwis succeed. Every day our people and passion are focused on our role delivering information, insights and the tools needed to connect investors with the right investment opportunities.
The Associate Solicitor position sits within NZ RegCo, NZ’s Listed Market Regulator, and is central to the functioning of NZ RegCo. The individual for this role will report directly into the Head of Issuer Regulation and be responsible for assisting issuers to comply with the NZX rules.
About the role
The purpose of the Associate Solicitor role is to work with issuers on transactions and applications along with engaging with issuers and their legal advisers on compliance matters and best practices. This position will offer a wide variety of work.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to NZX’s role in assisting issuers to complete transactions, including primary and secondary capital raisings
- Provide guidance on compliance with NZX’s market rules to listed companies, NZX market participants and their legal advisers
- Contribute to the review of applications received from issuers for Listing Rule waivers
- Contribute to NZ RegCo’s monitoring activities in relation to potential breaches of the Listing Rules
- Support the operation of NZX’s markets, working with NZX’s operational teams to ensure transactions function effectively
To be successful you will have:
- A current practising certificate or be eligible to obtain one
- At least five years’ capital markets and / or financial regulation experience
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with senior internal and external stakeholders
- A healthy level of both curiosity and professional skepticism