Senior Consultant/Manager - M&A/Transactions Tax
Do you want to work for a market leading transaction tax team?
EY’s Transaction Tax Advisory (“TTA”) team is looking for talented Senior Consultants and Managers in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
In this role you will team with EY professionals and client stakeholders to advise many of the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex, high-profile deals in the market.
The transactions market is a major part of EY’s go to market strategy. Working in TTA, you will be given the tools, training and flexibility to work on interesting and varied matters to grow your career exponentially with an employer that truly invests in the development and well-being of its people.
What is TTA?
The Transaction Tax Advisory (TTA) team sits within EY’s International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice, which is a joint venture between the Strategy & Transactions and Tax service lines. TTA is focused on advising corporate, private equity, infrastructure and other clients on all tax aspects of their capital agenda.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with a team and other advisors across multi-disciplines to support our clients through buyside and sell-side transactions or restructurings.
- Undertaking tax due diligence to identify tax risks and opportunities, including reviewing documentation, meeting with management and other advisors and preparing a due diligence report.
- Assessing the alternative options available for structuring a transaction having regard to the stakeholders’ commercial objectives. Preparing a tax structure paper outlining the steps to set up the structure and the tax consequences of the structure through implementation, maintenance and exit.
- Supporting clients to model the tax assumptions for the financial projections of a transaction.
- Reviewing the tax aspects of the legal documentation supporting transactions, including sale and purchase agreements, tax indemnities and transitional agreements.
- Supporting clients through the tax aspects of transitional integration or divestment at completion of a transaction.
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network.
- Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance.
Skills and attributes for success. To qualify for the role you must have:
- Prior experience in a relevant New Zealand tax, accounting, legal or consulting role (preferably with a top-tier or mid-tier New Zealand accounting firm or legal firm)
- Demonstrated experience in New Zealand tax, with strong technical skills from undertaking tax compliance, analysing complex tax issues or investigating historical tax exposures. Previous experience in tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning would be beneficial, but we are adept at turning great tax technical people into great deal advisors too.
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate complex tax concepts in simple terms to clients
- Strong project management skills
- Proven track record managing budgets and people
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Interest in emerging tax technologies to deliver advice in a cutting-edge way
- A desire to work in a friendly environment that rewards teamwork, and where progression and personal development is the norm.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 64 9 300 7044 (option 4).