The learning objective is to make better decisions as business leaders – both strategically and at the next level – and delivering on them. This masterclass will help you identify and leverage the key value drivers that propel value creation and give you the tools to develop business plans that deliver on the organisation’s goals and objectives.
Sound financial literacy and understanding of financial statements
Who should attend:
- Professionals who require an understanding of strategy, value creation and business planning to assist in their leadership roles
- Individuals looking to expand their careers into senior leadership and governance roles with a commercial focus or seeking a fresher on strategy and value creation
- Those evaluating or are responsible for the performance of a business/division in question
- Those looking for a refresher
Benefits & Outcomes:
- Gain tools in strategy and business planning that aligns with the organisation’s goals & objectives
- Position yourself as a strategic leader who assists in shaping the future of your organisation or business unit/division
- Learn from practical business planning and case study exercises
- Gain confidence and knowledge to more effectively support the board and senior management
- 16 CPD Hours in total
Content Will Include:
- What is Strategy? The Strategy Lifecycle
- Purpose, Vision/Outcomes, Principles, Values
- Strategic Options/Scenarios/Tools- SWOT, Porters five forces, Value Creation, Role Play Techniques
- Value Driver Trees (VDTs) Concept
- Value Driver Trees In-practice
- Business Plans
- Monitoring - Roadmaps, VDTs Worked Example
- Case Study Review & Improvements
- Options Generation - Group Exercise
- Four Big Investments / Scenario Selection
- Four Big Investments / Assessment using VDTs
- Group presentations
Networking including drinks at the end of day one.
Principal My Governance
Formerly Associate Partner EY, Governance & Change Management. Partner at PwC and IBM, IOD. Master of Governance, Massey University
Associate Partner EY
Associate Partner in EY’s Consulting practice, Camryn has twenty years of professional experience in strategy and performance improvement with a focus on the Finance function in both the AsiaPacific and the United States.
Date and time:
18th and 19th March 2024
8.30am – 5.00pm
8 Customs Street East
Members: $1350 + GST
- 10% discount for alumni from the INFINZ Next Directors program.
- 10% discount where three or more register from the same organisation
- 20% discount for those from outside the Auckland region
NB: Maximum 20% discount applies to any one registrant.
Non-members: $1700 plus gst