INFINZ Awards Gala Dinner will be held on 25 May 2023, Shed 10, Queens Wharf, Auckland.
The annual INFINZ Awards recognise innovation and excellence in New Zealand's financial sector eco-system.
Submissions for the INFINZ Awards 2023 are now open – and close 22 February 2023
Click through to the Award categories below for their criteria.
- Bloomberg Excellence in Treasury
- Link Market Services Best Investor Relations
- Johnson Partners Leadership Award
- Hunter Campbell Emerging Leader of the Year
- MinterEllisonRuddWatts Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction of the Year
- NZ Debt Market Issue of the Year
- PwC NZ Equity Market Transaction of the Year
- Fitch Ratings Innovation in Financial Services
- Invest New Zealand Te Tohu Kahukura Maori Leadership in Finance
- BDO Mid-Market Equity Transaction of the Year
- Chapman Tripp - Diversified Growth Fund Manager (Submissions due 31st January 2023 for this Award Category)
- BusinessNZ Corporate ESG Award
- NZX Research Report of the Year
- Tax Management New Zealand Mid-Market Debt Transaction of the Year
- Public Trust Debt Deal of the Year
Any questions about the awards themselves should be addressed to the INFINZ Executive Director, Jim McElwain on 021 632 047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
INFINZ Awards – changes to the 2023 program
In 2022 the INFINZ Awards program was significantly refreshed to reflect the following –
- INFINZ’s membership which now encompasses the broader financial services ecosystem which is fulfilling the vision when the Society of Investment Analysts and the Society of Corporate Treasurers merged in 2002 to create an organisation that had a broader industry focus
- the changing shape of the financial services industry including the growth in corporate finance practices, KiwiSaver and innovation including retail investing platforms
- contemporary themes around ESG (especially diversity, inclusion, and climate change) and digital transformation.
The major changes for 2023 are as follows:
- The current Debt Deal award will now focus on transactions over $100m so this will become an institutional banking-focused award.
- The current Excellence in Institutional and Corporate Banking Award will now focus on debt transactions between $10m and $100m and will be renamed the Mid-market Debt Transaction of the year. This revamped award will align with the current Mid-market Equity Transaction of the Year Award for deals between $25m and $250m. The “mid-market” is an important part of the financial services ecosystem and these changes are designed to reflect that. Service offerings that were formerly eligible to be entered in the Excellence Award can be submitted in the Innovation in Financial Services Award.
- The ESG Award will be renamed the Corporate ESG Award as it relates to activities undertaken within the organisation itself vs investment/funding activity covered in other awards.
- The Research Report Award will be focused on encouraging students and academics to research NZ financial and capital markets.
- Relevant awards will also include a criteria whereby the submitter will need to advise the approach/steps taken to ensure that the (deal, transaction, activity) results in imporoved outcomes for the climate and stakeholders, including the environment and society.
INFINZ Fellowships nominations are now open
INFINZ Fellowships are also awarded at the INFINZ Awards Dinner. They recognise those INFINZ members who have made a significant and valuable contribution to the industry.
Nominations for either Fellowships or Distinguished Fellowships to be awarded are invited from Certified Members of INFINZ. For the Nomination Form, click here – send the completed form to Iona Gibbs on email@example.com by 22 February 2023.
Restrictions at the venue limit capacity to 750 attendees in 2023, so early bookings are recommended. To ensure access to tables please contact Bernice Archer to discuss sponsorship opportunities; firstname.lastname@example.org
To book tables/seating, please contact Iona Gibbs by email email@example.com.
Sponsors/Supporters are able to book immediately until 31 January 2023; tables of 10 $4500 + gst
INFINZ member individual seats $385+ gst
General public will be able to secure seating/tables from 1 February 2023; tables of 10 $6300 + gst
To find out how you could become a corporate sponsor or supporter of INFINZ and thereby secure your seats at the dinner, please contact Bernice Archer by phone 027 324 2155, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all Award Sponsorships have sold out, however there are opportunities to sponsor the annual Conference which would enable eligibility for tickets to the Awards at a discounted price within a specific timeframe.