Do you aspire to lead a team and manage merger or acquisition deals from the ground up?
Join our Transaction Diligence (TD) team in Wellington and help corporate and private equity clients on buy-side and sell-side to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
We are looking for an experienced Transaction Diligence Manager with established connections in the Wellington market to help build a Wellington focused business and team. If you have strong understanding of the Wellington market and would like to expand your remit, this could be a great development opportunity for you.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive new relationships with Wellington based clients and seek out origination and transaction opportunities leveraging your knowledge of and connectivity within the Wellington market
- Manage day to day delivery of Transaction Diligence projects with support from junior team members
- Help to build and lead a team to service the Wellington market
- Collaborate with the NZ and Oceania Transaction Diligence team to leverage knowledge and support wider TD activities.
Skills and attributes for success
- A knack for networking and relationship building with experience building business relationships across various industries
- A passionate team leader who can mentor and develop others
- Highly numerate with logical and methodical approach and an ability to think laterally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Change orientated with a flexible approach.
- Excellent interpersonal with a positive, proactive attitude
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant understanding of the Transaction Diligence market in Wellington and already established relationships across the industry
- Experience working in Consulting, Corporate Advisory or Private Equity
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis. Understanding of basics of valuation, financial analysis and transaction risk management
- Demonstrable ability to execute and complete elements of transaction diligence engagements
- Demonstrable ability aptitude to learn to respond pro-actively to client requirements
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and the value you bring. Our Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangement. To find out how some of our people are using these arrangements to help them achieve a lifestyle balance, please click here
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Maori and Pasifika network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
As a global leader in assurance
and advisory services
, we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.