Jasmine Social Investments is a foundation established by Sam Morgan and his family following the sale of Trade Me to Fairfax in 2006. Our mission is to identify high performing social ventures led by stellar individuals and take them to the next level by providing assistance, capital, and access to skills and networks. We also try to play a useful role in philanthropy by sharing our work with similarly minded funders around the world.
We strive to deeply understand organisations - their management and board, financials, metrics, plans and impact. We look for organisations who can articulate a clear vision and their vision for impact at scale. We provide results-oriented funding (mostly grants, sometimes equity or debt) and we advocate strongly for those we fund within our wider network of funders and talent.
You will assist the investment team in identifying and supporting a cohort of social ventures with high impact solutions. You will also participate in special analysis projects that contribute to the foundation's internal knowledge base.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support the team in sourcing and evaluating funding opportunities by conducting analyses on business models, evidence of impact, and management capability.
• Manage the due diligence process end to end by aggregating relevant documents, examining organisational progress, and helping to put together diligence reports.
• Maintain a scorecard of key operational and financial metrics for each portfolio organisation.
• Conduct portfolio reviews and track overall performance.
• Produce relevant material for external parties, including adapting our findings into personalised formats and writing mid-term progress reports on all investments.
• Gather research on philanthropic and sector trends.
To be successful in this position, you will be super-competent with numbers, a good writer and obsessive about details. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce or similar and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in an analytical role.
We are a small team with a big agenda and the energy of a start-up. We don't waste time, keep formal meetings to a minimum, and often collaborate with people in different time zones. You must thrive in a high-performing environment, be an avid technology user, and be able to work independently. Above all, you must be enthused about working with outstanding social ventures who are solving a basic need of the very poor.
Please send a CV and a cover letter as to why this job is a good fit for you to email@example.com.
Candidates for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Direct inquiries only please - no agencies.