About the job
Investment Analyst opportunity at Russell Investments
Russell Investments is a leading global investment solutions provider and we have a fantastic opportunity for an Investment Analyst based in Auckland.
The Investment Analyst sits within a small local team which works with a range of investors in New Zealand and the South Pacific including corporates, government-related funds, iwi, financial advisors, high net worth and charitable investors. The local business offers a range of services including investment consulting, managed funds and KiwiSaver
This role focuses on meeting the investment advisory and portfolio reporting needs of institutional investors including superannuation funds, non-profit organisations, crown entities and corporate investors. In addition to supporting the consulting relationships, this role fulfils an important performance reporting and analysis function for the Russell Investments range of managed funds.
- Prepare client and managed fund performance reports and analysis as required
- Produce high quality letters, research reports and presentations for designated clients
- Prepare and present technical and qualitative analysis covering all aspects of the investment decision-making process
- Mathematical modelling, including strategic asset allocation modelling, risk analysis, sensitivity and scenario simulations
- As required, provide support to Client Relationship Managers in managing client relationships and producing deliverables for clients and prospects
- 1-3 years’ experience in investments or related financial services preferred
- Qualification in Mathematics, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field preferred, but not required.
- CFA candidate or desire to work towards the qualification
- Team oriented and capable of building strong and trusted internal working relationships across businesses and functions in order to deliver required results.
- Strong technical competencies, particularly with spreadsheet applications and data manipulation
- Detail oriented with the ability to think analytically and to accurately interpret the outcomes of data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and ability to present complex concepts and messages in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Thorough understanding of and interest in investments including capital markets, investment managers and investment products.
We are looking for a positive, engaging professional who is ready to take the next step in their career and contribute to meaningful growth and success of the local business.
About Russell Investments
Russel Investments is a leading global investment solutions partner, dedicated to improving people’s financial security. We work with a range of institutions, high net worth and financial advisor clients. Our business spans 32 countries with total assets under management of $450 billion and under advisement of almost $4 trillion. The New Zealand team, based in Auckland, consists of ten professionals working hard to exceed client expectations and grow the footprint locally.