Analyst - Credit Decision Analytics
About the role
We require an Analyst with strong technical and analytical skills to help implement industry leading decisioning capabilities to support our digital journey and drive digital lending experiences.
You will focus on identifying new customer data sources, analytical methods and fintech solutions to enable increased lending decision automation and personalisation. You will collaborate within cross functional agile squads to deliver customer-centric solutions.
As an Analyst in the team, you will:
- Wrangle large amounts of complex data
- Collaborate within Risk Management and with cross functional product squads to deliver customer-centric lending solutions
- Prototype new analytical techniques, data sources, decision strategies and software solutions to validate potential business and/or customer benefits
- Develop, implement and monitor decision strategy changes within Westpac’s strategic new decisioning platform
- Present purposeful, relevant and actionable insights to broader Risk Management and business stakeholders
- Undertake ad-hoc data analysis as and when required to support strategy management decisions
What you’ll need to succeed:
We seek curious, flexible and collaborative people who understand the value in developing and leveraging reliable data.
We would like to hear from candidates who possess the following:
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer focused analytics role
- Experience with quantitative analysis, data mining and data manipulation
- Strong ability in coding languages such as SQL/ SAS or equivalent languages such as R and Python
- Experience with reporting and data visualization tools such PowerBI or Tableau
- Strong interpersonal skills to grow and maintain relationships across the organisation
- You are passionate about making a difference for customers
- Degree in a statistical, mathematical, economic, or related field