Associate Director Trust Management - Securitisation
For over 160 years we’ve been supporting New Zealanders to help them achieve their financial goals. From opening your first account through to retirement, we’re here to support you along every step of your financial journey. We’re driven to use our experience and size to help local communities and businesses achieve great things – because alone we are strong, but together we are stronger.
The Associate Director Trust Management - Securitisation is required to drive the establishment of the securitisation trust management business and facilitate the delivery of efficient funding outcomes.
Westpac Treasury securitises the bank’s residential mortgages through its established securitisation programmes. The Treasury team is expanding on its capabilities in establishing and onshoring the securitisation and trust management function. Your initial focus will include
- Set up securitisation funding & liquidity NZ activities
- Large scale regulatory project – An opportunity to build out the operating model
- Facilitating delivery of efficient structured funding outcomes
Ongoing Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing SME inputs for the establishment and onshoring of the Westpac New Zealand securitisation trust management business
- Providing SME inputs and support the implementation of securitisation management software to be used for the securitisation trust management business
Key Competencies And Experience Required
- Facilitating the delivery of efficient funding outcomes within risk limits and appetite
- Trust management / deal management activities associated with Westpac New Zealand’s funding activities, ranging across securitisation, capital, and funding instruments
- Support the arranging of new funding / liquidity transactions using securitisation product technology
- Preparing board and sub-committee papers associated with securitisation and funding / liquidity activities
What’s great about working for Westpac?
- Proven track record in structured finance and securitisation trust management with a focus on residential mortgage-backed securities
- Thorough understanding of transaction documentation and waterfall modelling
- Understanding of regulatory developments impacting the markets
- Ability to deliver under multiple competing deadlines, self-starter, and ability to work without high levels of supervision and business acumen and decision-making capacity
- Ability to operate at senior levels within the organisation as well with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, NZX, external law firms, rating agencies
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive, and progressive - with no two days the same!
In addition to the appropriate experience and capabilities, the alignment of your values is essential. We’re a company who are progressive, we’re committed to continuous improvement, we’re actively involved in the community, and we nurture a culture that celebrates diversity. We’ve been awarded the rainbow tick accreditation, we promote, and support flexibility and we’re listed as one of the top 50 employers in the world for women.
Now more than ever we are committed to leading by example to help New Zealanders succeed - because together, we are greater.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready for the next step in your career, then apply today with your CV and Cover Letter through the link on this page.