Compliance & Conduct Manager
About the job
Westpac has a strong and trusted brand in the New Zealand market. We are responsible for leading some great innovative banking products and continue to enhance our customers experience with the new Westpac Way of Working.
We are continuing on our strategy and accelerating towards the delivery of a truly differentiated customer experience and a purpose-led, customer-centric culture. We are actively adopting agile, and lean methodologies to support a new way of working built around great teams.
We want you to be part of creating and leading an amazing work culture within our busy environment and embracing the Westpac Way of Working.
About The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity to support our dedicated three lines of defence model, with this role facilitating the embedment of first line of defence for the Consumer Experience Hub (including product, marketing, analytics and digital teams).
This role is pivotal in transforming the way we manage compliance and conduct and continuously drive improvements across the business unit's risk and compliance environment.
Components of the role will focus upon
- Assessing the effectiveness of the business unit's compliance procedures and control environment to proactively identify deficiencies and formulate improvement proposals.
- Oversee embedding of conduct and compliance policies to prevent, detect and manage conduct, culture and compliance issues and support an uplift in risk maturity
- Maintain industry and regulatory knowledge and identifies trends, changes and emerging risks to business objectives
- Provide advice and direction to Tribes and squads on compliance and conduct risk management issues. Including advice and subject matter expertise to the business on potential Compliance and Conduct Risk impacts of regulatory change projects, industry initiatives and strategic or other changes to business practices to ensure ongoing adherence to regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Responsible for the delivery of clear and concise Conduct and Compliance Risk Management reports to ensure appropriate visibility of Conduct and Compliance related risks and issues
- Acts as Privacy Champion, ensuring awareness and compliance and contributes towards a culture of Privacy appreciation embedded across the Business Unit
- Establishes a collaborative culture within the broader risk and compliance chapter that promotes engagement and mutual support
- Key to success in this role will be your ability to operate in a fast-paced environment in wake of rapidly changing regulatory expectations
What you will bring to the role?
- A relevant professional qualification would be advantageous
- Work experience of 5+ years within the financial services sector, with experience in audit, risk management and/or compliance
- Understanding NZ Regulators and knowledgeable on relevant financial legislation
- Experience of working within change and transformation programmes
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to complex regulatory programmes of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to engage with a number of stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo to take conduct and compliance management to the next level
We're passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. From day one, we'll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your ongoing learning and development. As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you'll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package.
Apply online today with your CV and cover letter or contact Sian Ramirez, Talent Acquisition Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
We appreciate your interest in a future career with Westpac, however, due to current border restrictions brought about by Covid19 and uncertainty around when this will change, we are unable to support visas for offshore applicants at this time.